Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Returning To Work Soon After Giving Birth

July 18, 2012 was the craziest but best day of my life. It's the day my husband and I met out baby girl, Mila. She was 8lbs, 3oz, 21 inches of deliciousness. I couldn't believe what we had created and how beautiful she is. It almost felt unreal that she was ours.

The day we took her home, I walked in the house and had this feeling of, "OK, what do I do now?" That feeling quickly left me and I jumped right into a routine with her. I have to say that being a mother turned out to be a little harder that I thought. I never realized how much of my life would change. Just the little things like running to the store, getting my nails done aren't as easy to do, and to get out of the house feels like an eternity. But I wouldn't change a thing.

I always thought I would be one of those mothers that would never want to leave their child to go back to work, boy was I mistaken. As much as I love my daughter and love being with her, I started feeling like I was losing myself and my mind. I waited until the baby was four weeks old and I realized that I needed to go back to work...for my sanity. I started working three days a week. Thank god for my amazing family that have taken turns each day to take Mila, which made me feel so at ease to leave her.

I felt like a terrible mother for wanting to go back to work so soon. Before long I realized that going back to work was the best thing I could have done. I started feeling like a person again, just getting up and getting ready, leaving the house and having normal conversations with adults was amazing. If anything I felt like it made me a better mother. Being away from her made me miss her and want to be with her that much more.

It's amazing how much love Mila brought to our family, and how much closer it brought all of us. Having a baby changes your life but definitely for the better. I couldn't imagine my life without her.



-Christie



 
   
   
    






No comments:

Post a Comment