Brides that stay organized seem to be the most calm when it comes to wedding planning. The planning stages are a whirlwind of emotion, excitement, appointments and as of lately....lots and lots of time on Pinterest!!!
Hair and makeup are a very important part of the planning stages, especially if you intend on having a large bridal party. Here to help you out, I've put together some important information that you should have prepared when you come for your trial. This will make it easier for you and also for your stylist!
1.The first and most obvious thing is to make sure that your date is available! The average bride will book her bridal party and make sure her date is held 6 months in advance.
2. Provide your hair stylist with the location and address of where you will be receiving your hair services.
3. Have a count of how many people in your bridal party that are receiving hair services and how many of those girls are having their hair put all up. This helps the time scheduling because those having their hair all up will take more time than the other hair styles.
4. Do your research. Did you check out your stylists web pages and look through styles? How about checking out hair styles on Pinterest? They have great ideas! Head Rush Salon and Bridal Rush are both on Pinterest. When you show your stylist what your taste is, it helps in creating the perfect look for you, even if you like a few different styles, your stylist can take what you love about each and create a unique look just for you!
5. Have you considered hair extensions? If you have fine hair or short hair and you know that you will probably need extensions, it's best you have them ready before you come to your trial. Your stylist can recommend them to you and direct you as to how and where to purchase them.
6. Ask your stylist what you can to to get your hair looking and feeling its best before your day. Ask what treatments the salon offers, when you should get a cut and color, how soon before the wedding etc. When your hair is healthy, it will look better when it's styled and you will feel better!
7. Make sure that you ask your photographer what time they intend on starting pictures! This is a very important piece of information. It allows your stylist to plan on how to schedule your bridal party and give you a start time for the day. Ya'll need to be ready before the photographer starts!
8. Make sure that you speak with your stylist about how they prefer everyone's hair to be prior to receiving their hair services! I prefer my brides to be washed and dried. CLEAN HAIR! But, I also recommend that those with fine or very soft hair skip the conditioner.
9. When you order your head piece, make sure that is available to bring to your trial with you. It helps not only you, but your stylist to see how it will best fit in to your hair style and that will also save time the day of your wedding.
10. Lastly, follow your the hair salon's web pages to stay up to date with the latest deals and promotions. Are you a bride that is paying for all of your bridesmaids hair? You are such a doll! Ask if your stylist can work up a package deal for you that you can pay in full before the wedding.
I hope you find these tips helpful! Happy Planning to all of you beautiful brides!
Bridal Rush xo